And… things died down significantly. For Disney I guess it’s all or nothing, right? ;p But some stuff did in fact happen in the Pook-a-Looz universe. Nothing as awesome as Stitch finally being released, but here’s what you may have missed:
We spy with our little eyes something Pook-a-Looz at Hallmark.
- DISNEYSTORE.COM: Blink and you may have missed it, but DisneyStore.com has one nutzoid sale on Kermit and Fozzie Bear early Friday morning: $0.99. And since it was Make a Wish Day, you could have gotten free shipping too. That is not a typo, they really sold them for less than one dollar. Of course, they were sold out in under 10 minutes.
- Things are getting interesting over at Hallmark. An ornament was announced for release in the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Premiere on July 16th, 2011. Now, I’m honestly not quite sure what that means, but from what the internet tells me, it sounds like you have to join their ornament club to be able to buy this ornament. Join a $40 club for one ornament or buy on eBay later? If you know anything more about this program and how to get the ornaments, please do comment below!
- And not only that, but Hallmark Stickeroni Pook-a-Looz scrapbook style stickers have been showing up on eBay. And a Vinylnation member Disneyclaire found some Pook-a-Looz greeting cards at a Hallmark in the U.K.! Looks like we’re going to have to start going to Hallmark for our Pook-a-Looz fix.
AROUND THE WEB
- POOK-A-LOOZ LOOK-A-LIKE PUZZLE GAME: It’s not officially Pook-a-Looz, but I think it kind of looks like it. Disney and Square Enix (the company behind Final Fantasy) have released a Disney version of Puzzle Bobble in Japan featuring super cute Disney characters instead of Bub and Bob. Bring it over to the States, please?
- STITCH & SAFARI MICKEY CHARACTER PAGES: They’re still in progress, but images are updated for Safari Mickey and Stitch as well as character pages (will be completed tomorrow). Click on the images below to check it out:
That’s it for this week! If you have any tips or photos you want to share with the site, please feel free to e-mail me any time or comment anywhere on the site!
Since there’s so much Pook-a-Looz info spinning about the web right now, I thought I’d start doing a weekly recap of what’s all the latest with the Pooks. Some sites call it a round-up or a carousel, I’m going with parade. Some of the info will have already been posted, some of it is new. But it’s everything I’ve heard this week that may not have gotten a blog post on it’s own. So here we go!
This was a HUGE week for Pook-a-Looz plush releases, here’s a overview with links to the posts for more details:
- DISNEYLAND: Stitch was finally released, along with Safari Mickey and the first Parks release of Miss Piggy and Donald. This is to add to the Pirate Mickey and Sulley from Monsters Inc. that they got in the previous week. Click here for details!
- WALT DISNEY WORLD: Received the WDW exclusives 40th Anniversary Mickey and Minnie. Also got in Pirate Mickey, Stitch, Sulley from Monsters Inc., and the rerelease of Donald for the Parks. Click here for details!
- DISNEY STORE: Nothing, sad story.
- DISNEYSTORE.COM: No new items, but the Duvet Cover took a further dive in price and is now $39.99 for a Full / Queen (Twin size is sold out). Guess we won’t be getting anymore Pook-a-Looz bedding, huh?
- MORE: SKINIT PALZ LAPTOP AND PHONE SKINS: Probably not official merch, but dang, how awesome are those designs! Might have to order one for myself…
AROUND THE WEB
Here’s some more Pook-a-Looz content you might find interesting:
- TOMOPOP REVIEWS FIGMENT: The ultimate resource for all things toy related, TomoPop, did a great review of Figment, the 8 inch Walt Disney World exclusive plush. He’s sold out at the Parks as of this week, but we can always hope they make more. The article is great though, and fabulous exposure for the Pook-a-Looz series!
- DISNEY PARKS BLOG: PERFECT POOK-A-LOOZ PROMOTION AT DISNEY PARKS: Just in case you missed it the first time around, check out the article that got the new releases ball rolling.
- POOK.A.LOOZ MEXICO FACEBOOK PAGE: Stumbled on this today and it’s just so unexpectedly awesome! The Spanish-speaking community has gotten super creative with their love of Pooks with some very artistic videos and photos. Check it out!
There are lots of changes and updates coming to the website! Some parts are being redesigned and look forward to a whole new front page in the coming weeks. Here’s what we’ve done so far:
- POOK-A-LOVE! ON TWITTER: Pook-a-Love! finally has it’s own Twitter account @PookALoveMomo (PookALove was already taken ). It’s another great way to keep on top of all the latest Pook-a-Looz news.
- REVAMP OF THE PLUSH PAGES: Check out the new 12 inch page for the US plush! This was the first experiment page with the redesign, what do you think? The rest of the plush pages will be getting the same treatment this week, along with the much needed total overhaul of the Japanese Plush section. Please pardon the mess!
That’s it for this week! As always, e-mail me if you have any tips or photos you want to share with the site! I rely on you guys to help me keep this site current and I thank you so much for all you’ve already done!